Sax, Flute, Clarinet, Oboe Lessons
Mike has a Bachelor of Music in Music Education from the College-Conservatory of Music of the University of Cincinnati and a Master of Music Education from the Boston Conservatory of Music which is now the Boston Conservatory at Berklee College of Music. He studied Clarinet with both Emil Schmachtenberg and Attilio Poto.
Mike has also studied at Indian Hill Music School, participating in the Indian Hill Big Band (Sax and Flute) and Baroque Chamber Music classes (Flute and Oboe). He took Flute lessons with Eileen Yarrison and Oboe with Henry Tervo.
You can find Mike leading the Pocket Big Band, a nine-piece Boston area jazz group or in other jazz groups, community orchestras and pit orchestras for local musical theatre productions.
Mike’s achievements in teaching are in: Piccolo, Flute, Alto flute, Oboe, English Horn, Clarinets (Eb, Bb, A, and Bass), and Saxophones (soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone).
He teaches Woodwinds in the public schools of the town of Harvard, and at Cushing Academy in Ashburnham.
Mike is also a Computer Programmer!
Mark Hanlon - Woodwind Instructor: Sax / Clarinet / Flute
Mark graduated with a Music Education Degree from UMass Lowell. Mark played my senior recital at Immanuel Baptist Church in Chelmsford where he did a music ministry. He studied with accomplished Boston Woodwind instructors, Antonio Fulginiti and Don Bravo. As 1st Chair Clarinetist, Mark played in ULowell Band, Wind Sinfonia and the University Orchestra.
Mark has done a lot of traveling, teaching and performing.
Here are some of his achievements:
Mark has a men's vocal group called The Soul Men of Worcester, and a praise and worship band at the Worcester Family Church. In 2019, at the Prudential Center in New Jersey, he was Invited to sing in the backup choir for Interdenominational Choir for Yolanda Adams, Hezekiah Walker and Dionne Warwick.
- In Nashua, he taught at Hampshire Music Company in Nashua NH. He played in the Nashua Symphony as well as organized church praise and worship bands and ensembles.
- In New York, Mark played in the New York Symphony Orchestra and other New York shows. He toured the Unites States and performed on Bari Sax with the Go World Brass Band.
- In Detroit, Chicago, Dallas and Little Rock, Mark played Guitar at many events and met many Gospel singers such as Albertina Walker and Andrae Crouch.
- In Concord, NH, Mark taught Guitar, Woodwinds and Voice at the East Derry School of Music. He started doing gospel music at Camp Aurora.
- In Pittsburg School and Stewartstown School, he was a K-12 music teacher, band instructor and both chorus and music theatre instructor. While in Pittsburg I also played in a folk and celtic group called The Folk Tree.
- Organized Upper Connecticut Valley Regional Band, marching in parades and giving concerts.
- Invited in 2011 by New Hampshire MENC to be guest speaker on "How to create a successful music theater program" at the Allstate Festival.
Mark lives with his wife Ursula and is very proud of his son, Michael